Firestone Liberia brings quality health care to the people of Liberia. Over the years, the company has built, staffed, equipped and operated a hospital, medical clinics, mobile clinics and ambulance services.
Firestone Liberia owns and operates a 300 bed hospital which is regarded as one of the best hospitals in the country.
It has eight additional health facilities and a mobile clinic.The hospital treats an average of 5700 patients each month. Our employees and their dependents are entitled to free medical care at any of these facilities. Our hospital also provides emergency services to non employees in the community.
Through numerous programs including doctor visits, immunization services and participation in studies of life-threatening diseases, Firestone improves medical services for Liberians of all ages, including:
- Receives as many as 9,000 patient visits each month through its medical facilities.
- Works with the Liberian Ministry of Health to control HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
- Partners with UNICEF and the Ministry of Health to store and administer vaccines to protect Liberians from numerous diseases.
- Reopened Firestone Medical Center in Duside, which was destroyed during the civil war, and is improving and expanding clinics.
- Operates a fleet of ambulances providing immediate care.
- Supports organizations committed to controlling and preventing malaria in Liberia.
Learn more about Firestone Liberia’s health care initiatives: